Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Nutshell












I have to share with you that I had an incredibly heartfelt and lovely birthday this year. Mostly because I got to spend it with the people I love the very most. The gifts that really melt my heart and have me file them in my "coveted treasures file" in my heart are the gifts of time that everyone seems to carve out of their busy schedules to either make me a card, write me a letter, bake me a cake (with delicate and edible flower petals nonetheless!), fly me over to a city, take me to a show, drink birthday morning champagne with me, drink evening birthday champagne with me, laugh with me, pick out flowers for me, pick a magical plant, or closes her eyes and sends me her spirit along with some amazing cookies and feathers to wear around my neck all the way over from the City of Lights across an ocean! I am so blessed. So, so incredibly grateful for all of this. For life and the loves that make mine such a place of beauty and magic*

P.s. Have you ever been to Chicago? It's an incredibly beautiful city full of life!

3 comments:

  1. oh my!
    what a dreamy birthday celebration!

    xo

    ps - where is that photo taken of the water? so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks lovely especially that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lauren-the water is actually Lake Michigan. a photo i took while sitting on it's beaches, amazed at how beautiful a lake can be.

    shellie-i wish i could send you a slice! it was such a heavenly cake + it had edible flower petals all over it! a lot of love went into baking it and i think that meant the most to me ;)

    xx, lili

    ReplyDelete