Friday, August 15, 2014

Watercolour / GILLES BENSIMON






all fujiflex prints by Gilles Bensimon

If you're experiencing hot weather like we are here in Los Angeles, then perhaps these underwater flower prints by world renown fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon might cool you off. The photographer spent two years shooting these fresh blooms underwater, all of which he chose himself. His exhibit (2013) appropriately titled Watercolours was his first venture into fine art photography. Don't they look like watercolors or modern day representations of impressionists' paintings? So refreshing to see flowers used in this medium.


I’ve always been obsessed with water, even in the fashion pictures I’ve done. I swim every day. I spend so much time in the water, some days four or five hours. And I’ve also always been passionate for flowers. I love gardens. 
                                                                   -G.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment