Thursday, August 18, 2011

Joanna Pallaris










Some incredibly haunting and rather diaphanous photography by Joanna Pallaris. I wish I could have been able to visit this exhibit (London 2010) sooo badly. She shot all of these photographs in one day at a crumbling sanctuary in Hampshire, distinctively collecting a narrative that chillingly yet delicately unfolds before our eyes. The story is beautiful. Nature, the omnipresent and self-serving spirit that draws our eye between the intimate atmospheres and the devastating, if not wildly beautiful, light in which all succumbs and deteriorates to one way or another. Oh, and she shoots in Polaroid...enough said. I'm in love*

I'm so happy that you posted this Alexa!

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to attend her exhibition and buy one of her beautiful handmade books. xx Thanks for reminding me of my book!

    ReplyDelete