Monday, September 20, 2010

Green Feast!



Hooray for Evan Marks & The Ecology Center! Green Feast was a huge success for them, an I have to say, for Tigers to Lilies as well! It was so much fun! I decided to incorporate potted herbs & plants this year so that guests, after feasting at the white linen 192 foot communal-style table amongst the fields under the twinkling lights of french-style bulbs and candles, could be inspired to take home a little souvenir and perhaps start a little garden themselves (even if that meant a 1-plant garden, I still wanted to encourage it)!

I set out collecting tomato, Japanese eggplant, bell pepper + habanero peppers, rosemary, sage and sweetpeas in %100 biodegradeable pots that guests could literally just put into the ground, but not before dolling up the pots in twine/sage green ribbon! Seeing that last year I did an entirely white palette, I decided to warm things up this year with bright colors thanks to all the lovely Cosomos & Zinnias in full bloom! Overall, it was a cheery and summery jubilee of color & green. More here!

I'd like to thank Evan and his entire crew once again for letting Tigers to Lilies run wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment