Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Caitlin Wylde




Caitlin Wylde's work makes me feel, for lack of a better word description, like home. She has such a spirit in her manner with which she not only creates her work but is apparent in all the other things that she does; where she places objects, what she collects and picks up, what she sews and marries, and how she makes them work together. Her art is textured, layered with pieces from nature and earth; intricate, intertwined, sun-washed and warm. She seems to carry this spirit with her--it meanders through her studio, her art, gardens, and spills into her beautiful home (in Echo Park). When I met her I felt like I was meeting a person from a different era: what I would expect say if I met Patti Smith or maybe Joni Mitchell. She is naturally radiant. Truly inspiring.

This Thursday 6/13 from 7-9pm her art is being exhibited in the amazing space of Shelter Half. I'm going to to be there and hope that you too can make it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment