Monday, February 28, 2011

The Flowers of La Grenouille








Hi friends! I have to share with you a little treasure of a book called The Flowers of La Grenouille. It's an intimate little book that a son dedicates to his father about all the lessons he has learned over the years watching his father tend to the flowers and the importance granted to the arrangements his father lovingly puts together for the restaurant. It's just so charming and sweet, and basically tells the story behind his father's passion for all things beautiful. Have you read it? Have you eaten there? The book also provides delightful illustrations on how to make cut flowers last, how to revive drooping blooms, and how to create sensational bouquets. Definitely worth a read & visit!

1 comment:

  1. I had dinner at that restaurant with my family for my 16th birthday - to this day, it's the most incredible dining experience of my life - the two things I remember most are how unbelievable the food was and the flowers! Giant GIANT arrangements everywhere...
    And, I miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete